SUKANYA SAMRIDDHI YOJNA
- This scheme was launched by government of India under “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” on Year 2015.
- Account can be opened for natural and legal guardian of girl child untill she attain the age of 10 years.
- Account can be opened for 2 girl child but can be opened for third girl child in case of birth of twin girls as second birth.
- Minimum deposit of 250 rupees per year is to be made with maximum limit of 1.5 lakh rupees per year.
- Money can be deposited for 14 years or upto the age of 21 years which ever is earlier.
- The present interest rate is 8.5% per anum and will be exempted from income tax 80C.
- Every mature withdrawal of 50% of accumulated account can be done after girl can attain age of 18 years.